Saturday, December 5, 2009

My last day and night

Finally there is some sun again!!! :) We had 3 cloudy days and as this is my last one, I am so happy to soak up all the warmth and light. So I grill myself most of the time today.
Later that day we take a boat to Had Rin. I do some shopping and organize my trip to Phuket for tomorrow at the travel agency. We have a group dinner at some Mexican Food place with the funny name "Bamboozle". Yumyum...

My last group dinner

We move on, but realize that the next place has cider!! And as I love it and it is not that common here, we get one and want to move on. But Dave is coming up to us saying that it is the Kings Birthday, and we are not supposed to drink on the streets. So we chill in that cider bar for a while and go back to Had Yuan later. 

The moon at my last night – the kings birthday (picture by Simon Rumford

On the boat ride I put my hands out of the boat and let them slide over the surface of the water. The phosphorescence, which are kind of glowing bacterias in the sea, are sparkling along my fingers, when they hit the water ...it looks so beautiful ....wow...like I had little sparkles coming out of my hands...there is no way to explain these looks very well and even less to explain how it feels that very moment...you just have to experience this...

So, we chill at the beach and then at the peace and love bar, where Jenine and Leah are painting the walls (...?!..weird...). We are waiting for the sun to rise. And I am spending a lot time with Shannon in my arm, our feet in the sand, the warm water of the ocean floating around it, marveling at the sea and watching the sun slowly dipping the sky in some beautiful colors...I am trying to soak up all this, knowing that I will have to leave it behind soon...

As we see the restaurant of The Big Blue opening, we are leaving the bar. Stopping by one of the swings for some dandling.

Me swinging while sunrise

In the restaurant we are all so much looking forward to get food, and we finally get some menues...for drinks... All of us are pretty confused. Till Corn says "I'm sorry. I knew they open at 7 am, but the sign over there says 'kitchen open 8.30 am – 11 pm'" Shit Corn!!! Nooo way. That's another one and a half hours!! That's hoooorrible! So we sit there pretty depressed for another 20 minutes, not even able to order a drink...

So I finally went to pack my bag... well...yeah...I had not packed yet... :)

9 am, I am done with packing, we are back at the restaurant for breakfast. And then it is time...time to leave. We go down to the taxi boat and hugging the first ones to say goodbye, I just can't stop myself from starting to cry...
I am usually doing pretty good with goodbyes...but all these friends that I made are living in Canada! It's not that I will see them too soon again. And all this makes me realize that this trip is over now. And I do not want it to be over...it just should not be over yet...there should be another couple of sunsets and sunrises with these people that made their way into my heart.
At some point I have to jump into the boat. And they push us out into the waves. It is jumping up and down pretty hard, but I do just not care. All I do is looking at all these awesome people standing at the beach waving me goodbye. By the time we pass the surge, they just get smaller and smaller, left at the beach altogether and I am on the boat, crying in between some strangers, on my way to Had Rin ...

1 comment:

  1. aww makes me cry reading your leaving post. miss u so much and everyone from our trip. your blog is awesome and lets me relive our glorious few weeks together! haha. wish we could all go away together again! oh and thanks for the song dedication my crazy german friend. oh and i also loved "BY ME A DONKEY!"

    ReplyDelete