Saturday, November 28, 2009

At the ocean again and seeing some guys beating themselves up

As soon as we get rid of our luggage we get food and then jump into the ocean, play frisbee and just chill. I move on to the other end of the beach, where the other two FREE & EASY groups are staying at Barcelona's. That's where we play another round of beersbee. And I finally hit that can of the other group down :) hehehe...still kind of proud :)


Beersbee at Had Yuan

Later that evening we went to have food at some Indian place. Some trouble coming up, because most of us, don't have enough  money with them for the whole upcoming night. Well, we finally get the chance to pay for the boxing the next day, so everything works out.

So we take a van to got to the Thai boxing place. There are a few fights to watch for 600 Baht (13 Euro, 19 CAD). Before anything starts, everyone is getting up, for the Thai anthem. This gives me the heebie-jeebies. First fight: They do their routine before the fight, which is really interesting to watch. When they start kicking each other, I'm scared at first for someone to get seriously injured, but after a while it is fun to watch. :)

Only bad thing: I am sooo tired from the whole travel day, that my eyes are getting heavy. I am finally having a little nap in between the best fights...

There is even one Canadian guy boxing. Looks so weird to see some western person trying to do this...and he's actually more boxing than Thai boxing.... But I shouldn't say anything about that Canadian guy, as there is a German one too... and he's worse. He wins his fight against an about 68-year-old-thai-guy because he falls on him...what else should I add to that...??


The boxers getting ready


Wow, I guess he got him pretty good


Refreshing break


Guess he lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment