Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jungle Party and finding a place to sleep including a funny wake-up

Boatride to Ao Nam Ao pier

We  leave Railay with the cute Longtail Boats and jump on the funky party bus to go to Khao Sok and start the Jungle Party with the other two Free & Easy groups right away. Everyone expects a couple of hours ride and most people fall asleep. 

All of a sudden we are there. And instead of a party crowd jumping out of the bus, it is just some sleepy dudes crawling out of the party-bus with their eyes half closed...


Colorful party-bus

The inside of the hippie bus

Smiley's is the place to stay you wish for. It is a family atmosphere with all those love hearted people and the most comfy surroundings. But watch out for the hammocks ... I – so me that moment – jumped into the seat-hammock just when we arrived and almost hung myself with my "dirty Mexican"-hat by falling through the gap in the middle of that comfy swing chair... I just couldn't stop laughing at myself being so foolish ... so me.

Smiley'sis too packed to make our group fit in too, so we get divided into 14 and 7. The 14 are brought to their one-night-huts and we are going to our place not too far from Smiley's. That place isn't actually open yet, they are just getting the huts ready for us, but as they are not finished preparing all huts yet, we all throw our bags into one hut. 

Back at Smiley's they prepare a great buffet. And the Jungle Party starts ... with us as Dirty Mexicans, one group dressed up Gothic style and the other one all looking like popstars.


Dirty Mexicans

20-days-trip: Gothic Style

Other 40-days-trip: Popstars

Weirdest thing for me was meeting Jemma. A tour guide of the other group. As I have already seen her in a million pictures before, so it felt like I met her before, but basically I don't know her at all. And it is so great, she dressed up as Britney, because Shannon gets so excited when she sees her, being her biggest fan... ;)


Dirty Mexican Shannon with KFED (Mike) and Britney (Jemma)

It is an awesome party night, that ends with the power going off. So no light at all, except for some candles. I decide to sleep in one of the hammocks at the bar at first, but then thinking that I will be full of bug bites the next morning, I jump on the truck that gets me back to our huts... 

Well, Ben doesn't hear me knocking on the door and I am too chicken to sleep in one of the open huts ... afraid of creepy crawlies waiting for me in there. So I go with Sanna and Nadine. While trying to find their hut – not very successful – we suddenly find Shannon at her place. Perfect timing: Corn fell asleep at a hammock at the bar, she doesn't wanna be alone and has a spare bed.

So I end up, sleeping there till I wake up by a knock on the door ... open it and look into Corn's still dirty Mexican and dropping wet face ... I just burst out in laughter...

Corn had woken up at Smiley's at about 10 am, didn't know how to get back to his hut, remembered that the restaurant near his hut was at the river and that there was a swing. So he went down to the river and floated along it until he saw the swing. He got out, met Carla and Nick at the restaurant. They were kind of amazed seeing Corn climbing out of the river still in his party outfit ... but just loved him for it. So Corn came up to his hut, ready for Shannon either not to open at all or to be mad at him because he woke her up earlier than 4 pm. But instead there came another girl opening up and just starting to laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment