Monday, November 9, 2009

Making my way to Koh Lanta and how come I'm here in Thailand


Land in Phuket at 9.30 am and ask myself through the travel information places until I find one that would give me the infos I want.
Grab a taxi and the guy drives me straight to where the bus for Krabi is about to leave. Perfect timing. Jump in and squeeze in with all the locals.
That's what I loooove about traveling too. Probably weird, but I am so happy that very moment and can't stop sitting there and smile even though I just had about 14 hours of traveling on my back. 

Sleeping and talking to the girl sitting next to me makes the bus ride pass pretty fast.
I get off in Krabi and jump into a mini bus to leave for Koh Lanta Yai.
Had already called Bertus*, so when I get off at Koh Lanta, he and Ben (the other group leader), are already waiting for me.

* I met Bertus when I was traveling South Africa 2007.
He was touring around with friends and played his music at backpackers.

Kobus de Kock junior and Bertus playing at Coffee Bay

2008 I traveled the Philippines with a friend and since Bertus was leading a FREE & EASY group there, we met him again. Getting to know another great leader (Adam Korkitt) and the founder of FREE & EASY (Curtis Smith, awesome guy as far as I got to know him), we got to learn what those trips would be like. So this year I decided to be part of one of those groups and meet up for the third time with that funny South-African-guitar--party-and-ocean-loving-"mop-like-head". At least for some time of that travel.

Party night at Boracay

SO always make sure, you meet new people on your trip. It might take you places you didn't think of before. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment