Thursday, November 19, 2009

Back to school

The kids welcoming us at their school

We are going to a school today. Everyone brought stuff from back home to give to the kids. When our truck arrives at the school, the kids are running up the gateway with a Canadian flag to welcome us. Yeah... I wondered where the German flag was... ;) 

And then there is this weird moment, where the Thai kids stand on the one side and us standing on the other side, just watching each other, not knowing what to do. Till the teacher comes up and makes us follow her to 3 rows of chairs provided for us.

The kids start singing and performing stuff for us and we are playing games with them. Some of them are totally new for me and some of them are slowly coming back to my mind as we used to play them at school when I was their age too.

The students in their school uniform
sitting perfectly in rows in front of us


Playing games with the kids


Having fun playing kid games again...:)

Later on some of us are throwing American football with them, playing basketball or frisbee and then there is this Canadian hand-clapping-game. It's fun, even though I do not get the sense of the song that goes with it. I wish I'd remember any games like that, to show them...

"stella ella ola clap clap clap singing es 
tigo tigo tigo tigo crack jack...es tigo tigo fa low fa low...
falow falow falow counting 1,2,3,4,5..."

Year Book Pic...well no, but group picture

I wonder if they think, we are some really weird Canadians (yeah, I put myself in there now too.... ) So happy to come and see their school and take pictures with them, even though we don't know them at all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment