Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Railay in a nutshell

View from the restaurant of Highlands

# THE PLACE

Highland Bungalows are at the east beach of Railay. Well not at the beach, but a 5 minutes walk up the hill. Lovely bungalows and perfect porch to set up the hammock. A lot of noises outside make me and my roommate cuddle a lot ;) Yeah, I do have a roommate now: Nicole. :) I am so happy, not to have a room to myself anymore :)

My new roomie Nicole :)


The bungalows at Highlands

Hanging out at the porch of the bungalow

Railay itself is kind of a sporty place: Rockclimbing is just awesome here. There are some bars along our side of the island and even a tiny little bit of shopping.



Bars at the east beach

# THE BEACH

The East Beach is not made for swimming. But Pranang Beach is just great. It even has a penis shrine... yeah...that's what I said: PENIS SHRINE!


East beach of Railay

Pranang beach

The penis shrine ...

# THE ANIMALS

There are some cute ones and some gross ones. We even saw a black scorpion one day. Scary.

Cute monkeys on the way to our bungalows

Visitor of our bungalow one day

Spider near the reception

# GETTING A TATOO

My roommate Nicole gets her tattoo done here, as it is said to be the best place to do so. The guy doing it is pretty cool and chilled, so it takes a while till he finally shows up. But his work is just awesome.

Nicole at the tattoo shop

This tattoo took like 3 hours
(+1 hour of just drawing it the day before on her foot)
and costs about 3000 Baht (62 Euro, 94 CAD)

No comments:

Post a Comment