Sunday, November 29, 2009

Racing day, the scary dwarf and the dream of French fries coming true ...

We are taking a boat to Haad Rin for the race quizzie. The tasks we have to fulfill are fun. Shannon is the one who gets the longest memory of this quiz I guess. As there is a task to get a tattoo. Real one or hannah... well...Shannon gets a real tattoo this day. You might think that she will regret it, but actually it is just perfect. It is the quickest tattoo the woman ever drew and it has flowers and pink in it, and it's just so Shannon.

Whatever, we are having fun to find someone who has a bed, that we could take a group picture in (we find some greek guy...) and to get in a shower some place or to take a picture with a policeman and in a Thai boxing ring. But we are a too confused group, so we do not manage to fulfill all tasks. No winning for us, I guess...but so much fun... :)


Watch out for this group in the Thai boxing ring...


Charlies Angels Style with a Thai Police Man


Task: Take a pic with a guy with hairy chest...
our group leader ben fits perfect for that ;)

After dinner Tiff and I join in with some others going up to Eden bar. It's a really nice place and we sit down on some blanket and chill. This is the place of the Happy Shakes. I am thinking about drinking one, but then there comes the waiter... some tiny little guy, who smiles kind of like a maniac at us and his eyes glowing from the black light and says with his high voice "You want some Happy Shake, hehehehe...." Aaaahhh, even if I wanted one before, i would just not want one anymore now, as this scary dwarf is asking me this...(don't get me wrong, he's nice, but sooo scary. Sometimes he even sneaks up behind you all of a sudden and you don't know where he just came from...)


Well night goes on and I am getting so hungry. But there is nothing open where you could get any food. And I want French fries soooo bad. Then I decide to beg for some bread at the kitchen. And it works. I get a bread and even a butter to go with it for 40 Baht (0,80 Euro, 1,25 CAD)!!! I am so happy. Put the butter on the bread, wanna add some salt, open the salt can...and stupid me spill half of the whole salt thing over my bread...i try to get most of it off and I'm so hungry that I eat it anyways...well let's just say, your stomach doesn't like that much salt in it...


We move on to Peace and Love bar. And someone is like: "They have sandwich." And I'm like "I do not want a sandwich. I want French fries." Someone:"Would be hilarious if they had French fries." So I ask that guy and he is like "Yeah, so one French fries?!" I just stare at him and tell him how much I love him. That was like my dream coming true, as I was seriously already talking about fries for more than 4 hours... it takes another 40 minutes till we get them, but they are the most yummy French fries I'd ever got. Like they just digged the potato out of the ground, sliced it and fried it in a little bowl...wow...so I had these French fries before we saw an awesome sunrise at Had Yuan beach....perfect night, perfect morning...I love Thailand!!

2 comments:

  1. Those 3am french fries were actually VERY delicious! I can't believe you got them! Totally forgot about the salty bread, too! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. urgg that salty bread that i was looking so forward to eating!!! worst bread ever! and then 3 am french fries that i thought would never ever come as we were getting creeped on by thai men, and i may have had some happy shakes to make this event even more uncomfortable... but then they came and it was like the best moment of my life!

    ReplyDelete